Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Looks Like A Week Off From Blogging...

Except it wasn't. Sometimes I wonder why I can't just look at a calendar and just say no to something. Last Thursday I went and signed myself up for scuba lessons (there is that twenty fifth wedding anniversary trip thing coming up next month). Next weekend's two all day sessions did look pretty far away. Of course on further review, it was only eight days, and that text book with only five chapters turns out to be 250 pages long. And don't even get me started on that little 4" X 6" card. Who new you could pack so many numbers on one little piece of plastic. Oh well, I'm too old to be able to read print that small (I wonder if its important?).

Don't get me going on that stupid calendar either. Half the things I had to do weren't on it anyway. Like those three makeup little league games (those rainouts sure seemed convenient at the time). They are fitting right in with the three regularly scheduled games (maybe it will rain again). At least, the mighty Thunder are playing well (for a bunch of seven year olds). But, I don't think they really like me. Every other pitch I threw Saturday came right back at my head, and the only player I was able to strike out was a sweet little girl who either likes me or is afraid of my pitching (I'm going with "likes me", but I think she's afraid of my pitching).

Then there was that Mothers Day thing. Who put that on the calendar, and why did everyone wait until Saturday afternoon to do their gift shopping? Those other guys sure are inconsiderate. I haven't seen anything like that since Valentines Day!

Finally, there is work. Its hard to differentiate between the busy part of the year and the non-busy part, but this is the busy part. No one seems to understand that its spring time and the fish are starting to bite. Oh well, I do like eating every day so I'll keep going to work and hope the phone doesn't ring with someone needing that one last favor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home