Friday, April 01, 2005

A Special Man

This Popes tenure has spanned all of my adult life so far. Unlike any Pope before him, this Pontiff traveled so much and was so accessible it has sometimes seemed like I was being followed. I have seen many stories today referring to the Pope as the Great Communicator, but they don't share his real gifts. When I think about the man's gifts, I think about his mastery of so many languages. No matter where he has gone he could speak to you. His message always gave hope. Yet, when he dealt with world leaders or the oppression of communist societies he was stern.

Most of the stories today do not even cover his role in Poland during the Nazi occupation. The man was a great leader long before he became Pope. Having seen it close up here in Denver, I believe that what he has done for young Catholics across the world with his World Youth Days may be the best of his legacies. His influence on the young of our faith through these events will reach out through the generations for many decades to come.

Our prayers are with you John Paul. May God bless the rest of your journey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home